Tuesday, February 25, 2014

LEFTOVER SOCHI!!

Now that the Olympics are over and I am going through withdrawal, I wanted to share some thoughts that spun through my head during the winter games.



 1. I want to enlist to be an Olympic bob-sled "yeller" for the 2018 games in Korea.
     I could do it! I could be one of those guys behind the starting line who does nothing but yell      
     "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" while the athletes run off and jump in a tin can for a fast ride down the hill. 


2. I do NOT want to enlist to be one of the athletes sitting behind the bob-sled driver. The view stinks!

3. Ski jumpers do NOT fly! They fall. United Airlines flies.
 Ski jumpers are susceptible to gravity.

4. Skeleton racing reminds me of being a kid riding a garbage can lid down a slippery slope.


5. Don't look for too many newborns to be named SHAUN or SHANI after WHITE & DAVIS fell far short of high expectations.



6. I'd like to find the twisted mind who came up with 
"short track speed skating"
    What was he/she thinking when pronouncing it a grand idea
 for athletes to:
      A. put giant razor blades on their feet, don spandex, goggles and a helmet?
      B. compete at high speeds against other athletes on an ice surface the size of a back yard pool?
      C. make things even more intriguing by adding more participants & more blades for a RELAY? 



7. No matter what country they represent, athletes LOVE to win and HATE to lose!

8. We have a great flag! There is nothing better than seeing the "stars & stripes" raised to the highest  
    flagpole while our National Anthem is being played!  
GOOSE BUMPS!


Thanks for a great Olympics, Sochi! 
I can't wait for the summer games in Rio in 2016 which I know will be a sight for sore eyes!


**

No comments:

Post a Comment