Monday, May 5, 2014

L.A. SPARKS' FANS! THANK YOU!

"THANKS"
 for all your notes, comments, messages and kind thoughts.
 It has only been a few days since I was informed that my 
"services would no longer be required" 
on upcoming L.A. Sparks' broadcasts.


Trust me! 
That caught me off-guard and by surprise!
 After 16 years on the job, I was unceremoniously dumped just two weeks before the start of the Sparks' 2014 season. 
There was no reason given and zero contact from the Sparks. Instead, Time Warner Cable informed my agent that "new Sparks' management wanted to completely revamp its broadcast team"
 and I was out.

As you might expect, that decision baffled and troubled me. 
It still does! 
The Sparks were a large part of my life and my career. 
It really hurt when the ties were severed so impersonally, but your kindness and concern have helped to soothe the wound.

 I cannot tell you how much it has meant to me 
to hear from so many of you. 
Your support, thoughtfulness, and inspiring words
 have been overwhelming.
 I may be unemployed right now, but I am truly blessed.


I can honestly say that it was always a treat to walk into the 
Forum or Staples Center on game nights.
 I loved seeing and interacting with you whether I was 
working on the pre-game show, walking through the stands, 
or talking with you after the post-game player interview.

 I have known some of you from way back in the old days when the Sparks' games were on minuscule radio stations that seemed to have even smaller coverage areas.
 I never knew if anyone could hear those games, but I tried to call each one as if it was a major network broadcast. 


We really had a great run and a lot of fun together! 
Now, it is time for a new chapter. 
The pages are blank right now, but I hope to fill them with adventures and challenges that are even more exciting and enjoyable as my career to date.

 Your encouraging words are greatly appreciated!

Your friendships are cherished!

Thank you for a great run, Sparks' fans! 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Larry B.


**

No comments:

Post a Comment