Saturday, May 3, 2014

AN OPEN LETTER TO L.A. SPARKS' PLAYERS!!



I wanted to personally let you know that, after 16 seasons on the job, I am being replaced as the Sparks' team broadcaster and play-by-play announcer. The news came from Time Warner Cable just a few days ago and, to say the least, I was surprised. I was never contacted by the Sparks, but TWC informed my agent that the "Sparks' new management had decided to completely revamp their broadcast team and that 
my services would no longer be needed."

I am very disappointed! 
You and the Sparks have been a big part of my career and my life for a long time, but management has the right to do what they think is best for the organization. I understand that, but I would be lying if I said that the decision, and the timing of it, did not hurt.

That being said, I had a great run in the WNBA. I was a part of two championship teams, and got to call some of the most exciting action in the history of women's basketball. 


I have never met a more pleasant, 
or accommodating group of athletes. 
We laughed a lot and, win or lose, you made time for me. 
I can't thank you enough. 
In return, I tried to treat you fairly and respectfully while bringing a knowledge and enthusiasm to the sport that
 I felt was truly deserved. 


I made some great friends during my time in the WNBA (1998-2013) and I am glad to count you among them. 
Unfortunately, I do not have contact information for all the current, and former, Sparks' players that I have worked with over the years, so I would appreciate your passing this note
 on to those that you know.


I am not sure what lies ahead for me professionally, 
but I know that whatever I do and wherever I go,
 I will always carry fond memories of my
 great years with the L.A. Sparks!


I wish you the very best success & happiness! 

Larry B.

No comments:

Post a Comment