Monday, August 26, 2013

I recommend  that the L.A. Sparks adopt  Tom Petty's 
"I WON'T BACK DOWN" as their official theme song. The lyrics just seem to fit, especially after the team's heroic come-from-behind victory over the Shock. 
Pic courtesy of Noah Graham/ NBAE/ Getty Images

The Sparks were down and out and playing terribly, but they refused to back down and pulled out the win.

"I WONT BACK DOWN"

"Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from dragging me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Chorus: Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down 

Hey baby there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down"
**

LB note: As much as I enjoyed calling the Sparks amazing victory, I can't help feeling bad for the Shock. That team plays too hard to be 0-5 in overtime games and have just  9 wins this season!
**

No comments:

Post a Comment