Thursday, July 25, 2013

NOT SO STELLAR STOP BEFORE THE ALL-STAR BREAK!!

A very disappointing loss for the Sparks today! They head to the All-Star break with another loss at home. The final was 73-66 at Staples Center. The Sparks got off to a very sluggish start against Seattle. Tina Thompson was red hot (23pts/ 8reb) in her final regular season game in her home town, and the Sparks were force-fed a Storm sandwich that they will be tasting through the All-Star break and for a full week before they get back to work with the biggest road trip of the season.

Meanwhile, Candace Parker, Kristi Toliver and Nneka Ogwumike will be heading to Connecticut for Saturday's All-Star game. I will be there too and I will file reports over the weekend. I talked with each of the Sparks' all-stars and got their thoughts on being picked a part of the WNBA's stellar event.


CP- "I think it will be a lot of fun. I am excited that the Sparks are well represented. It is very telling of how hard we've worked and how we are growing as a team. I am very excited to be going with my teammates. Now it is just about having fun, but in the end, the west wants to come out on top."

LB note: CP has been an All-Star before, but because of injuries, has never played in a WNBA All-Star game. 


Kristi-" I am very humbled and very excited to represent this team with two of my teammates. It has been a goal to be an All-Star in this league, so it is an honor and a privilege and I am really excited to get there."


N.O.- "I was honestly surprised! Being an all-star is amazing and to get it in my sophomore season if a blessing. I am really thankful."

My next blog add will be from the WNBA All-Star weekend. 
If you like what you see, tell your friends about Larry B's Blog. 
If you are not impressed, let's just keep this our little secret! LOL
Either way, I'm gonna keep on bloggin...
** 

No comments:

Post a Comment