Thursday, August 14, 2014

SOUNDS OF SILENCE!!

 I have been doing some temp announcing work 
for Clear Channel recently. 
My job is to voice news and weather updates for 
IHEART RADIO stations in a number of U.S. markets. 
You might here me in Detroit, Phoenix, Honolulu, Albuquerque, Milwaukee and a variety of cities. 
I record the updates, edit them and send them down the line. 
Part of the process is adding two seconds of "silence" to the end of each recording. 
I'm serious! 
There is actually a setting on the audio editor
 which allows me to "Insert Silence".


I got to thinking. 
How great would it be to have a button 
like that to use in everyday life.
Certain people?
Certain situations?
Certain blowhards?
In the words of the Beach Boys,
 "Wouldn't it Be Nice?" 
**

No comments:

Post a Comment