Monday, April 7, 2014

CATS BITE DOGS!


I am going with Kentucky to win the NCAA Hoop Championship tonight. I picked them to be in the title game against Florida and I have been super impressed with the Wildcats' tenacity and resiliency. This is a very young team that falls behind and does not mind. They pound you inside until your heels hurt and then they knock you out with long distance lasers. Freshman are not supposed to play this way, but John Calipari gets them ready, winds them up and sends them off to battle.


I am sure that the NCAA hates the success of Kentucky's "one and done" style, but Calipari is a master of moulding young talent into talented collegiate competitors. His job is to win games and prepare his "students" for their chosen profession. Nobody does that better, and in less time, than Cal with his Cats. Professors get, at least, four years to prep their "scholars" for the world. 
Calipari does it in one.


I want to root for UConn tonight. 
Kevin Ollie was an intern at Prime Ticket when I was there. He is super guy who has worked miracles with the Huskies in his short tenure as a collegiate head coach. His teams play hard, play smart, play with intensity, and play with a purpose, but I did not pick UConn to get to the big game and I cannot get over what Kentucky has accomplished already in the tournament. 
They deserve to be national champs!
**

No comments:

Post a Comment